Wednesday, August 22, 2007

KATE MOSS FOR TOPSHOP REVISITED

This one has been a long time coming! I'm a 'lil embarrassed to post this...months after the fact, but better late than never, right? I had the opportunity to head to Barney's on opening day of the Kate Moss for TopShop launch way back in early May, and as expected, it was bananas!

This New York Times article does a good job of covering. I missed out on some pieces because I was busy yapping it up with the owner of TopShop, who happily smiled for StyleChile, pictured below.

TopShop owner, Sir Philip Green
When I did finally make it over to the racks (which were emptied as soon as they were stocked), and reached for a coveted dress, an older woman literally snatched it 'outta my hands! I respect my elders, so even though she had no business --none at all-- unless she was getting it for her daughter, or granddaughter, with that dress, I let her be. After all, I was wearing a suit...and we were on Madison avenue...I mean really, I'm not that bad!

A pic of the melee...

I did finally end up with the dress! How so? I decided to wait in the fitting rooms and was able to get all the pieces that others didn't want, or couldn't fit! Here's the blue dress hanging on my door...and see the entire Kate Moss for TopShop collection here. Click on the link below for vintage Style Events posts!

Photo Credit: New York Times (top image)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...