Tuesday, August 28, 2007

RAINBOW BRIGHTS

I was secretly hoping the colored jean trend would fade (heh heh--pun intended), but this one is dying a sloooooow death. Seriously, I’m a grown *ss woman! I can’t wear nobody’s colored jeans. The last time I wore colored jeans was circa 9th grade…I think Kris Kross was major back then.


I had baggy Levis in every shade (purple, gold, red, green)--you name it, I had it and wore it proudly with a tight, tight ballerina top (with $54.11’s to match--now $ 64.95 plus applicable NY sales tax)! As you can imagine, I’m trying to bury those memories, so it is with much reluctance, and a healthy dose of chagrin, that I write about this trend.

It is little wonder that mostly celebs are rocking this look. Have you seen anyone in real life wear these? Granted, I do spend an average of, oh let’s just say, 12 to 13 hours a day in an ivory tower, with lots of business casual-clad folks (myself included) scurrying to and fro…but still! I do go outside on occasion, or to the lobby to pick up dinner delivery! Cue sad song…are you feeling sorry for me yet? I realize that I’m not saying much about colored jeans, but that’s intentional! Anyway, here it goes…Nah, seriously, apparently, according to Women’s Wear Daily, Pucci and Seven for Mankind are partnering to make colored jeans!



It looks like purple is the way to go...Fergie does high-waisted, skinny, AND colored jeans-- with wedges-- while Jessica Alba strolls in a skinny-leg with flats.

If they’re good enough for Pucci, they’re good enough for me. I may have to get a pair! Though in all likelihood, I will have to get a pair from Target to test them out. They have a good selection for only $22.99.
P.S. - My sister-in-law, who speaks her mind (g*d knows she does!), told me today that my blog was, “eh, boring”. Can you believe the nerve? This after countless requests for her input. So, after telling me (a few more times) that the blog was dull, she sends me a link for hot new Oxfords, to which I said, “Oh, you mean Spectators…thanks, but The Fashion Bomb and The B-Life have already covered that!" I tell ‘ya...

Photo Credit: People
Click on the label below for vintage StyleTrends posts!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ur just mad cause ur blog is boring hehe.

birdie butter said...

i've only seen a few people wearing colored jeans & they looked OK...i don't know if this trend is for me but if i fall victim to them i will purchase a cheap pair so i will not feel badly after they're on the "out list" for spring 08!

Keisha said...

i like Fergies pants

WendyB said...

Oh, your blog is certainly not boring!

Chic and Charming said...

I haven't seen anyone wearing these in real life. I don't think they are especially flattering on the celebs, so I just cannot imagine how they would look on someone with a normal sized butt.

Unknown said...

heh heh...Latasha is my sister-in-law! She knows she loves it!

Thanks Wendy!

Keish, I too like Fergie's pants, but we both know that I would admire from a far and you would actually wear them ;)

Birdie and Chic and Charming, I really and truly have not seen these since 8th grade either! I'm tempted to go to Target to try a less expensive pair...

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...