Monday, December 31, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR + ALIYA LEEKONG INTERVIEW

2012 was quite the year, wasn't it? How was it for you? I'm excited to start 2013 and am especially excited to build on the foundation that I've laid over the past six (really 12) years by expanding the StyleChile brand! I have a feeling that great things await us in 2013, lots of wonderful opportunities are in store. I'd love to learn about your goals for 2013. I'm a firm believer in speaking things into being, so feel free to share your aspirations for the new year in the comments section.
 
I can think of no better way to kick off 2013 than by sharing one of my inspirations, Aliya LeeKong, with you, in the hopes that the success she has attained in the pursuit of her passion will be encouragement for you to follow your dreams. Check out the video below for a conversation between yours truly and the culinary creative director of the Michelin starred Junoon—who also happens to be my good friend, compadre, road dog and fellow food lover—who can appreciate the finest of the fine in dining, to the local street corner fried chicken spot, to street food from far flung countries across the globe, and everything in between. What inspires you? Follow me on Pinterest to see visual representations of my inspirations!
 
"Let the beauty of what you love be what you do." - Rumi

Filmed by producer and artistic director extraordinaire, Tanji Gilliam, of Oil House Productions, this interview took place back in July, in advance of Aliya's August 2012 Vogue India debut. I think it's hilarious that Aliya flips the script and starts to interview me. Her questions elicited thoughts on my long-held desire to do what I love! Click read more below to see an excerpt of the Vogue India article featuring Aliya and to see more of Tanji's work: a music video for recording artist Nyticka Hemingway, the internal scenes of which were filmed in my apartment! Be sure to check out Oil House Productions, and consider them for documenting your most significant occasions, like I do.
 
Enjoy & Happy New Year!!!


Aliya LeeKong in Vogue India, August 2012:

Aliya LeeKong in Vogue India

Flying by Nyticka Hemingway featuring Flash, produced by Oil House Productions and filmed in my apartment:
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...