Sunday, January 18, 2009

IF YOU ARE WHAT THEY SAY YOU ARE...

Michelle is not the only one with designers clamoring all over her...The man of the hour needs attire as well! Women's Wear Daily asked, and fashion designers answered...from Richard James Saville Row (featured above), to Sean John, Perry Ellis and even Nicole Miller! Geoffrey Beene, Elie Tahari, Countess Mara, to Zegna and Tim Hamilton...They all submitted designs for Barack Obama's inaugural ensembles. All 53 looks are featured in the slide below. Click here to check out WWD's slideshow.

I'm excited to see what he picks, but I already know that it will be spectacular! I'm partial to Zegna (always)....and Ferragamo is a good look, but might that be because they were the only ones to draw a figure that really resembled the President-Elect? I'm not feeling D Squared's depiction of Obama in the least and I'm not quite sure the folks at Duckie Brown were serious...Nautica's suit looks like something he has already worn on many occasions... Some designers took the Lincoln reference just a bit too far...they had everything but the top hat!
Fashion aside, I'm psyched to experience this moment in history. Even though I'm so very far away from Washington, D.C., I'll be there in spirit!
Click on the link below for vintage Politics of Fashion posts.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...