Tuesday, September 09, 2008

VICTORIA BECKHAM'S DRESS COLLECTION

So, my sister-in-law is itchin' to cut her hair...and sent me a photo of the indomitable Posh-- whom I like to refer to as Vix--showing off her new pixie hair cut. Apparently, the new hairdo is not the only thing Vix debuted this week.

Victoria Beckham shows off her new haircut at Fashion Week

She's launced a limited edition (400 pieces/10 styles) dress collection! Yum. Something about these--and every Black Halo* dress, and every sheath for sale nowadays--just smacks of Roland Mouret! I know that she is a fan, as am I--except I cannot yet justify a RM purchase--(I love clothes in general, but covet Roland Mouret's galaxy dress like nothing else. I think if I were given the choice of picking one item of clothing to be worn forever, I would pick this dress.) and wears Roland's dresses frequently...but sheesh. This is definitely a step up from DVB Jeans though!

Piece's from Posh's line...

Interestingly enough, Roland Mouret was recently interviewed by the very new Wall Street Journal magazine (yes, they're following in the foot steps of the Financial Times and New York Times--now I can get in a bit of fashion reading while fulfilling my professional reading requirement!) and launched a thinly veiled attack on those who dumb down fashion by making cheaper version of his, and every major designer's, high-end wares. He couldn't have been referring to Vix becuase her dresses are almost as expensive as his, starting at £650--that's a little more than $1,000 USD. Check out the pieces from Victoria Beckham's collection here.

Check out vintage posts on Roland Mouret and DVB Jeans here and here.

* I had an old store credit that I had to use today, so I gave in and went for a Roland Mouret knockoff (one would think that anything that costs in excess of $300.00 would not be considered knockoff, but I digress)! This will have to tide me over until I start ballin'.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Def a step up from DVB.

Chi-Chi said...

Whatever hairstyle Victoria wears, it becomes the most copied hair 'do of the year. I cannot wait to see who else follows her.

dalia said...

now er'one is gonna rush to the salons and chop off the asymmetrical bob that they finally had the courage to go and get... damn vicki b. i wanted to cut my hair into her pixie, and now i'm NOT gonna do it, 'cause everyone is going to think i'm tyrina' follow! lol

ri-ri is next. she's going to get rid of that long sweep and do something crazy short.

lurve your jackie o dress... and posh has a good idea with the frock line... my favouritest skinny bish sher knows how to rock a dress...

Wes said...

lol I hear ya girl... I like Vix new style, I'm starting to get tired of the bob anyways.

Unknown said...

I love the shorter hair on Victoria. And I also LOVE all three of the dresses above (especially the tan). I can't wait to see more from her collection!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...