Wednesday, April 08, 2009

PRODUCT REVIEW: BATH & BODY WORKS AROMATHERAPY ENERGY MANDARIN LIME SUGAR SCRUB

Bath & Body Works has launched a few new products and, luckily, they've sent me a couple to test out. First up, the refreshing Mandarin Lime Sugar Scrub, with the ever so appropriate name: Energy. I loved this product! I'm a sucker for any product with brown sugar* and the smell was, well, orgasmic . . . the experience was kinda' like those Herbal Essences shampoo commercials. All kidding aside, after showering, the entire house smelled like sweet mandarin limeade and I smelled like it too--for a good while. I haven't been to a spa in several months, but after massaging a bit of this onto my skin, I couldn't shake that smooth, just-out-of-SpaV feeling. And, now for the bad news. In addition to sugar, this eco-friendly product is made with a blend of sunflower, safflower, sweet almond and jojoba oils. How is this bad, you ask. Well, the blend of natural oils is all good, but it leaves you super oily. The good news is that you will not have to apply a lot of lotion, as the residual oil from the scrub is sufficient to moisturize the driest of skins. But still, it's best to use the scrub before you lather up with soap. . . Buy Bath & Body Work's Mandarin Lime Energy Sugar Scrub here. It's $16 a pop, but buy 2 and pay only $20. Pros: A delicious fragrance that perfumes your body as well as your abode. If you're not a morning person, try this scrub in the a.m., it's called "Energy" for a reason! Great moisturizer and efficient exfoliator. Cons: Oily, oily and oily, but extra moisture wont hurt, especially in winter. * P.S. - I don't fancy myself a beauty expert, but I know what I like and what makes me feel and look good. This scrub reminded me of one of my favorite beauty tricks. For smooth, soft lips, mix a bit of honey with brown sugar and gently massage. It tastes and smells yummy and will leave your lips supple and pucker ready.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...