Tuesday, September 07, 2010

NICHOLAS KIRKWOOD + KEITH HARING

“I watched this documentary called The Universe of Keith Haring, and though I know his style, I hadn’t seen the breadth of his work. I couldn’t stop thinking about how amazing and prolific he was and how great it would be to incorporate his graphics into my designs,” Kirkwood explained. “So I ended up approaching the Keith Haring Foundation. I had to really sell them the product, but I think they’re pretty happy with the end result.” - Style.com

Recently I wrote about my somewhat fulfilled ambition to pursue more artistic endeavors. I was prompted to do so after viewing Rihanna's "Rude Boy" video which is highly referential of the works of artists Keith Haring and Jean-Michel Basquiat. I noted that this blog is an outlet for my artistic aspirations, but, in truth, any creative talent that I may have manifests itself most profoundly through my wardrobe* and home decor. With that background, try to imagine my delight as I flipped through the September issue of Harper's Bazaar which highlighted shoes created by artiste extraordinaire, Nicholas Kirkwood, and that which are heavily influenced by Keith Haring! Genius. The collection becomes available worldwide February 2011. I would most assuredly wear the shoe top left in the pic above, but am madly in love with the peep toe on the right. Click here to see additional images of the collection and, click here to see more of Nicholas Kirkwood's designs!

*Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, business, business formal and business casual attire are specifically excluded.

Click on the link below for vintage Style Collaborations posts!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...